Wednesday, January 13, 2010
The Procrastinator's Guide to Packing.
1) What are you waiting for?! Pack now!!!
2) Seriously though, tell yourself that you're leaving THREE days before your actual departure date. That way you leave yourself one day of last minute packing, another for cleaning the mess and last minute visit from friends, and another day for packing in all the extra stuff you found while you were cleaning.
3) Step three would say to make a checklist, but who are we kidding?
4) At least make sure the stuff you packed matches.
5) Don't forget about shoes. Your new years resolution for working out isn't exactly going to work out if you're only bringing heels. And your cute outfit you planned for the theater isn't going to work with sneakers (unless that's the look you're going for). Trust me. I've fallen into both traps.
6) Always have a pen handy in your carry-on.
7) LEAVE ROOM IN YOUR SUITCASE, FOR GOD'S SAKE. No need to over stuff things. Always have extra space in case you go shopping and don't go over the weight limit.
8) Do yourself a favor and have a carry on that wheels around. Even if you don't want to be one of those people. They make good foot rests anyways.
9) Double check for all your paperwork: ID, passport (if necessary), ticket, flight information, etc.
10) Don't forget to put your liquids in a sandwich bag. Security will bite your head off.
I'm packing for Chicago. Once again, I will be pulling an all-nighter to get all this packing done. And even after making this list, my lesson isn't learned. After all, I'm blogging when I should be getting my ass in gear.
LAST NOTE: THANKS SO SO SOOOOOO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU GUYS WHO STOP BY AND READ STEAMPUNK DOLLS!!! We've got 20 followers now :D